Gershwin: Rhapsody in Blue - Strike Up the Band: Overture - Promenade - Catfish Row - CD
George Gershwin fired up the New York music scene with his mélange of alluring tunes and refinement of the jazz vibe. His Strike up the Band Overture opened a flashy broadway hit and, inspired by a train ride, the composer heard his masterpiece Rhapsody in Blue as a "musical kaleidoscope of America". Promenade was reconstructed from a 1937 film score, and Catfish Row was Gershwin's concert suite from the opera Porgy and Bess.
- 1. Strike Up the Band: Overture (arr. D. Rose for orchestra)
- 2. Rhapsody in Blue (arr. F. Grofe for piano and orchestra)
- 3. Promenade (arr. S. Berkowitz for clarinet and orchestra)
- Catfish Row: Suite from Porgy and Bess (arr. S. Bowen for orchestra)
- 4. I. Catfish Row
- 5. II. Porgy Sings
- 6. III. Fugue
- 7. IV. Hurricane
- 8. V. Good Mornin' Sistuh!